It’s funny how we spend out entire lives chasing material possessions isn’t it? Then we wake up one day, we’re a little bit older and wiser and we figure out material possessions don’t make us happy. The only thing that makes us happy is family and friends and what we contribute to the world. But that doesn’t matter now, now does it.
We want bigger houses, fancier cars, shinier jewelry (the ones that come in the blue box). All the while all we’re doing is masking who we are, we’re hiding behind material possessions thinking more things will make us happier when all the while we know deep down, new things doesn’t fulfill any deep need or want we’re looking for.
- hiding behind toys
- we don’t get to take anything with us when we leave
- why does money make us feel more secure
- how we plan for retirement
- we always want more, bigger, better, shinier
- where will you be in 5 years
- stop waiting for retirement to enjoy your life
- what would we do with our lives if we didn’t chase material possessions
- nothing material makes us happy
Links and Resources:
- Hiding Behind Windows
- Quit everything, move to the Caribbean and scoop ice cream (I love this post)
This Show is brought to you by Puradyme, a company that is truly interested in improving your health!
Thanks you so much for your interest in this show of Exploring Mind and Body, if you haven’t done so already please take a moment and leave a quick rating and review of the show in iTunes by clicking below. It will keep us delivering valuable content each week and give others an opportunity to find the show as well.
Click here to subscribe via iTunes (and or leave a rating)