This could be quite possibly the most information in 30 minutes we’ve had in the 3.5 years we’ve been on air. I know you’ll be pleasantly surprised when you hear all this valuable information Julie has to share with us.
Before we get started:
Who is our Guest?
To get to know me, and Meals That Heal Inflammation, better, stroll through my media page and peruse my contributions to publications like Chatelaine Magazine, Reader’s Digest, Vitality, Alive, Canadian Living and House & Home, or sit back with a refreshing glass of water and enjoy any of my more than 600 health featurettes on CTV’s Marilyn Denis Show, CTV News, Dr. Oz, CTV’s Canada AM, CityTV’s Breakfast Television, CBC’s Radio One, Global’sMorning Show & more.
- Julie starts the show by talking about how Meals that heal came about which began with an incredible story of her own health issues (ADHD).
- Julie Mentions how Dr. Feingold played a significant role in her health journey
- How Julies book Meals that Heal became an international best seller
- How there is a different diet for each individual that is best for them
- Look to food of your ancestors
- Refined sugar contributes to depression
- Depression in an inflammatory condition
- Fava beans can help with depression
- Tips to help kids eat healthier
- Adding spirulina to your diet
- How Omega 3’s can improve your health
- Find fish sources from algae and small fish like sardines, anchovies and herring
- Can take 3000-5000mg of fish oil per day (which is only 3-5 grams)
- How white sugar spikes insulin levels
- Sugar ages our body at the cellular level
- Healthy sweeteners like dates, agave, honey and coconut sugar
Top Anti-Inflammatory Foods
- Pumpkin – zinc and iron
- Hemp Seeds – GLA, iron and healthy fasts
- Chia – antioxidants
- Flax -fibre
- Black mulberries
- dried cranberries (without sugar – sweetened with apple juice)
- home made trail mix with other dried berries with nuts and seeds
Dark Leafy Greens
- Swiss chard
- and more (she listed pretty much anything dark green that’s a veggie
This was such a fantastic interview packed with laughs, information and fun! I just want to thank Julie for coming on the show and being such a pleasure to interview. She was even kind enough to send a testimonial of what she thought of our interview:
Julie Daniluk R.H.N. | www.juliedaniluk.com
motivate, educate, empower, he
Thanks you so much for your interest in this show of Exploring Mind and Body, if you haven’t done so already please take a moment and leave a quick rating and review of the show in iTunes by clicking below. It will keep us delivering valuable content each week and give others an opportunity to find the show as well.
Click here to subscribe via iTunes (and or leave a rating)