Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Pre workout nutrition comes up quite a bit, truthfully I stay away from this question because it can become quite complicated. Depending on your goals, your sport time of day you’re working out, how long your workout, etc all play a vital role in what type of nutrition you should be consuming before a workout.
In this show I go over the very basics of what you should be having nutrition wise before a meal. Understand that this could vary depending on where you’re at with your fitness routine but make no mistake about it, nutrition before a workout is very important when considering optimal health and getting the most out of a workout.
- why I don’t believe in carb loading (for pretty much any sport, activity or workout)
- the importance of consuming balanced meals
- how fats are slow burning and fuel your works
- complex carbohydrates are also slow burning and should be consumed before a workout
- look for light and easy meals to digest before a workout. An example of this would be: a quinoa salad, with avocado, and chick peas (or chicken breast)
- snack meals before a workout would include – avocado and salsa, peanut butter and banana
- stay away from low quality protein supplements before a workout
- I highly recommend Complete Truth Protein supplement before a workout
This Show is brought to you by Puradyme, a company that is truly interested in improving your health!
Thanks you so much for your interest in this show of Exploring Mind and Body, if you haven’t done so already please take a moment and leave a quick rating and review of the show in iTunes by clicking below. It will keep us delivering valuable content each week and give others an opportunity to find the show as well.
Click here to subscribe via iTunes (and or leave a rating)