Psychotherapist Susan Anderson is the author of Taming Your Outer Child, as well as The Journey from Abandonment to Healing (over 125,000 copies sold). The founder of the Outer Child and Abandonment Recovery movements (Self Sabotage), she has devoted the past 30 years of clinical experience and research to helping people resolve abandonment and overcome self-sabotage. Visit her online at http://www.outerchild.net.
- Susan shares her own experience of abandonment of how the love of her life left her
- She says feeling insecure is okay
- our outer child runs up credit cards, procrastinates, avoids uncomfortable things
- 3 Steps of the Outer Child Framework
- #1 take a personal inventory of your own out child
- #2 introduce an exercise program to help resolve the underlying source of self sabotage
- #3 create an action plan to achieve goals
- The significance of setting goals
- Understanding the ‘little you’ and the ‘big you’
- Dig deep and find out the real need because it’s rarely ‘sugar’
- #1 way to release emotions is to write!
Susan was an absolute pleasure to have on air and also talk with off air. If you’d like more information about her books, and workshops you can visit abandonment.net.
Thanks you so much for your interest in this show of Exploring Mind and Body, if you haven’t done so already please take a moment and leave a quick rating and review of the show in iTunes by clicking below. It will keep us delivering valuable content each week and give others an opportunity to find the show as well.
Click here to subscribe via iTunes (and or leave a rating)