Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Handling Grief with Debra Oakland is based around her mission of sharing her story of Living in Courage with stems from her book Change Your Movie Change Your Life: 7 Reel Steps for Courageous Change.
In this show Debra shares her incredible story of her own grief. She talks about how she lost her 21 year old son to a car accident, her 2 brothers, her baby girl at birth and finally her father not long after. This was all in only a short 4 year period, which has more challenges than most of us could imagine.
Who is Debra Oakland?
Over a short 4 years Debra lost her 21 year old son, her baby girl in the 8th month of pregnancy and both brothers, and few years later, her father passed from prostate cancer. Debra began her life altering path, becoming a writer, courage advocate and joyful experiencer.
Her story and passion to teach others how to live a life in courage, has been featured in major media outlets including online TV, radio, magazines, and best-selling books. Debra lives in Laguna Beach California with her husband and best-friend, Cody.
- losing a 21 year old in a drunk driving accident (her son was the designated driver)
- ‘What would you want most from me’?
- There’s a reason our loved ones aren’t here
- Those that have passed on don’t have the problem, we have the problem with dealing with it
- love wants you to be happy
- Using tools to help you get through a loss: meditation, prayer, music, swimming (whatever it is you love)
- Be there for those that have lost a loved one, don’t try to fix it
- Offer a: hug, smile, food, wine…simply spend time with them
- Those that pass, prepare things ahead of time in different ways, like subconsciously they know they are moving on
Thank you so much for your interest in this show of Exploring Mind and Body, if you haven’t done so already please take a moment and leave a quick rating and review of the show in iTunes by clicking below. It will keep us delivering valuable content each week and give others an opportunity to find the show as well.
Click here to subscribe via iTunes (and or leave a rating)
Great Show Drew, enjoyed hearing how Debra managed her horrific experience,
she is definitely a very grounded lady and a true inspiration…
Thanks so much! Happy to hear you enjoyed the show!
Thank you for your comment Hilda. One thing I have learned, our challenges are a source for opportunity and growth if we choose to trust there is a silver lining, even though it seems out of reach. Our soul guides and directs us when we are open to listening.