Christmas Pretox to avoid stress is all about preventing stress from building up and avoiding all the toxins we put in our body during the Christmas season.
I love Christmas, I really do. I love everything about Christmas besides all the electronics and expectations about gifts but I love the:
- Advent calendars you get to open up each morning
- Christmas trees
- The movies
- Snow…I love snow on Christmas…about the only time I enjoy snow
- I love the magic of Christmas – everyone in a good mood
I think a lot of people love Christmas as much as I do however, I also think this is the most stressful time of the year. Here are some of the topics I cover in the show that I feel stress us out the most:
- Driving Conditions
- So many things to do, so little time
This is a difficult one, you can look at it from two different angles. You don’t HAVE to spend time with family just because they’re family, do something different.
The other side of the coin, they’re you’re family, apologize, let go of the grudge, it’s Christmas, act like an adult instead of an aged child.
You don’t have to buy the most expensive electronics, in fact I urge you not to
Please, don’t buy the newest tablet, as much as your 5 yr old child thinks they need a new cell phone they don’t, you’re the adult, act like it. We’re the problem with child obesity, and inactive children, we are. Rise in medication, less social activity.
Make gifts, go to the thrift store, be resourceful, take a holiday and let that be the gift
- Eat before you go out
- Bring something
- Ask what is being served
- Let people know you’re living a healthy lifestyle
- Be the host
- Drink water
Importance of Regular Routines
- Continue to workout, don’t say there isn’t enough time, put yourself first
- Do your best to eat well during the day or the day after the party
- Detox after the holidays, talked about on show # 165 is a related show
- Green smoothie, exercise, sweat, throw away sweets, drop the guilt, hydrate
- We eat horrible, putting more stress on our bodies
- Don’t sleep, drink heavily at every Christmas party
- We stop exercise, we stop eating right because new years resolutions are on the way
- And we wonder why our immune system is run down
- I don’t know about you but I want to be healthy and enjoy the holiday season
- Who wants to be curled up in the fetal position
- Take care of your body, no one else will