Today we have another brand new topic and new guest as I interview Dr. Rebecca Risk on Lyme Disease. This is a topic I haven’t heard much about and as you’ll hear Dr. Rebecca mention, it’s only just starting to become a topic the general public knows about. She’ll tell you about her story, how she dealt with Lyme herself for 14 years, which why she is in the position she is today, in helping others improve their health.
Who is Dr. Rebecca Risk?
With close to 10 years’ experience as a Traditional Chinese Medical Doctor (TCMD), Dr. Rebecca Risk operates Ananta Health. The Sanskrit word Ananta means infinite or without limit. Dr. Risk partners with her patients to help them achieve infinite health. Dr. Risk applies TCM principles with a modern view, allowing her to care for her patients in a unique way, helping them overcome health obstacles and getting to the root of their chronic health problems.
A graduate of the Alberta College of Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine (ACATCM), Dr. Risk is trained in Chinese Herbology, Dietary Therapy, Acupuncture, BioMeridian Stress Testing and supplementation. More details here.
- This is a serious infection
- Caused by tic bites and even a Sexually Transmitted Disease
- always check for tics when going to an area that has tics
- carry tweezers with
- if a tic is found, pull straight up so the head doesn’t rip off
- don’t burn tic out
- keep a zip lock bag so you can have tic tested (tic needs to be alive)
- Symptoms could feel like a flu that doesn’t go away
- tic bit looks like a target rash with a hollow circle
- get diagnosed, will likely need to find a US based Dr.
- Various types of treatment
Visit Dr Risk on her own Voice America Show.
Thanks you so much for your interest in this show of Exploring Mind and Body, if you haven’t done so already please take a moment and leave a quick rating and review of the show in iTunes by clicking below. It will keep us delivering valuable content each week and give others an opportunity to find the show as well.
Click here to subscribe via iTunes (and or leave a rating)