Importance of hydration is today’s topic on Exploring Mind and Body and we’ve brought in Mark Ysseldyk who specializes in hydration to help us better understand the importance and how to properly hydrate your body the correct way.
I really enjoyed this interview, Mark and I both come from athletic backgrounds and we were both marketed the same way as young athletes growing up in a world full of conventional supplements, sports drinks and products that advertise to improve your health and performance but don’t exactly do what they claim. Unfortunately most of these companies are built around mass production and sales, not so much your health so it’s nice to hear Mark’s beliefs are much like mine in finding different options as to how to supplement your body.
Here is Marks Bio, so you know who you’re listening to:
Mark Ysseldyk, CSNA, RNPA is a lifelong athlete and has over 15 years of experience in the sports nutrition industry. He has held roles as the President of a chain of nutrition stores, CEO of an online honey company and is now the founder and owner of a sports supplement and hydration company, Hivedration Inc. He has a wealth of knowledge when it comes to nutrition and sports and speaks regularly to sports teams and coaches about the importance of nutrition for athletes of all levels.
- Mark talks about the benefits of honey and how it can improve your performance not only in sports but in everyday activities.
- What to avoid in conventional sports drinks:Refined sugarArtificial flavorArticial coloringBrominated vegetable oil
- Why to stay away from tap water
- One of my favorite parts of this interview is when Mark said simply drinking (filtered) water will go a long way in hydrating you before and after activities. So many times we’re looking for a difficult answer, we’re looking for a product, potion or supplement (as Mark states) and all you really have to do is drink the water that’s easily accessible where we live.
- Mark and I both agree that we really need to educate ourselves on what’s healthy and what isn’t. We need to read labels, we need to question information given and find a way to find quality information for our health.
Where to find Mark:
I just want to say a quick thank you to Mark for joining us today on the show. We always appreciate when someone takes the time to offer information to increase the health of our listeners. And to you out there that took the time to listen, download and or read, I always appreciate your time and consideration for the show. Thanks for making this show possible and thanks for your support. If you have any questions please ask below. All the best to proper hydration in your active life.